UPS for DownS is a parent directed, non-profit organization offering support, education, and encouragement for parents, families and others who love and care about persons with Down syndrome.
We inspire community acceptance by sharing with others the presence, potential and abilities of people with Down syndrome.
Organizational Belief Statements:
- Individuals with Down syndrome are valuable members of the communities in which we live, work, and play.
- Through education and support, individuals with Down syndrome and their families, educators and community members can work together to help everyone achieve, belong and succeed.
- Everyone benefits when all people are given the opportunity to participate in and contribute to the community.
- Everyone deserves natural supports in the most inclusive environment possible.
- Individuals with more complex behavioral or medical needs may have challenges that require more supports to achieve success in the community.