UPS for DownS maintains an online e-group for communicating with one another. The e-group works much like a list-serve. You send an e-mail and it goes to all members of the list. Individuals read your message and reply to the entire group, where all can read their response, or to you privately.
With well over four hundred distinct users, most from the Chicago area, our e-group functions as an extension of the organization.
- Share time sensitive information about UPS for DownS activities;
- Share advice and tips about issues and questions related to Down syndrome;
- Offer and receive recommendations for a variety of professional providers;
- Problem-solve with one another;
- Simply post that you are thrilled that your three year old took five steps independently or frustrated that your six year old isn’t quite potty-trained, and simply want to tell someone who can relate and understand what that means to you.
- Receive announcements about events and activities;
- Receive reminders and invitations to activities that don’t get sent out any other way.
The e-group is intended for parents and family members who are part of our organization. It is often moderated to ensure postings are appropriate. Sales pitches, spamming or solicitation are prohibited, as are requests for donations or volunteers (except by or for this organization).
To join this e-group, click on the link "Subscribe to this group" at