UPS for DownS has a popular Parent Night Out program, which offers planned evenings - just for parents - throughout the year. These evenings are meant to be a way for parents to ‘refresh’ and ‘recharge’ away from the kids, and to develop connections with other parents at UPS for DownS. Much-anticipated, full of warmth and friendship, Parent Nights Out are held every other month at different venues in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs. These casual evenings provide a comfortable social environment where parents can:
- Be themselves, mingle and get to know other members in the group,
- Form friendships with others who share lives similar to their own,
- Be with parents who know what it feels like, and breathe easier, knowing they are not alone,
- Ask questions of one another that they may not feel so comfortable asking in a more formal setting,
- Connect with other dads for understanding and mutual support,
- Talk with other moms about things that are hard to talk with family about,
- Develop a connection with UPS for DownS, and board members, to know what the organization is all about.
- Have fun!...and
- Look forward to more UPS for DownS activities!