RACE IS SOLD OUT AND SO ARE WE!
YOU MUST ALREADY HAVE AN ENTRY TO JOIN OUR TEAM.
UPS for DownS is a race-designated charity for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon! You can join our team by CLICKING HERE.
Each UPS for DownS Charity Athlete agrees to raise $1000 and will receive:
- A custom “Charity Athlete” Training shirt;
- A custom UPS for DownS race shirt;
- FREE training through CARA (if requested);
- UPS for DownS team runs;
- Participation in Endurance Team e-group with exchange of advice and recommendations about training and fundraising;
- The opportunity to be paired with a person with Down syndrome through our Adopt-a-Runner program.
- Fundraising Incentives!
- Team pasta dinner
- Personal fundraising web page
- Charity Block Party on the course for your spectators and fans!
Sign up for the UPS for DownS Team here: CLICK TO REGISTER!
For more information on how to be a Charity Athlete for UPS for DownS, contact us at email@example.com with information about your area of interest (athlete or volunteer or both), your specific event, contact information, including phone and address, and why you are interested in UPS for DownS (neighbor, classmate, brother/niece with Down syndrome, special education teacher, Special Olympics coach, etc).
But, lest running 26.2 miles isn’t enough for you, UPS for DownS’ cadre of Charity Athletes includes ultramarathoners who have redefined their life and their limits, running incomprehensible distances in unfathomable conditions.
Not an athlete? We are always in need of volunteers at these incredibly fun events. Volunteer activities include cheering on runners, Adopt-a-Runner, passing out water, assisting at team fun runs, helping with the Endurance Team Committee. We promise that none of these activities require running, swimming or biking insane distances (though hanging around these athlete types might inspire you to put down the donut and go for a walk)!